STAY DC Provides Financial Assistance for Overdue Bills

STAY DC is a District government program that can help D.C. residents and DCHA customers pay off past due rent and utility debts occurred during the health emergency due to COVID-19.

If you have overdue electric, water, gas, or rent payments from the past year and a half, apply for assistance at or by calling 833-4-STAYDC (833-478-2932) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.

Public housing customers can ask their property manager for help with the application process.

Last Modified: 07/12/2021 7:03 pm